Wednesday, January 15, 2003

A Confession

Between January and August 2003, I spent seven months visiting nine countries in two continents. I kept a personal diary for the entire trip and made a promise to myself that I would write-up this private journal into a publically-consumable travelogue one day. I made this promise because foremost I wanted to share my experiences in a way which was convenient for those who might be interested. Secondly, I wanted to make something that I could look back on and spark memories of this amazing time in my life.

It is now 2006 and I've finally got myself in a position to do this project. I will try to write each day of the trip's journey on the corresponding day in 2006 so that everyone who wants to can re-live the experience with me. I hope the length of time between then and now doesn't detract from the diary too much. It was a timeless experience in many ways, after all.

I openly encourage anyone to make comments on my posts. I want this to as rich and flavoursome a stew as possible!

Steve

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Lee said...

Hi Steve,

I look forward to making the trip down memory lane with you in 2006.

Send my love to Viki, and I hope to see you both soon.

Sarah x

p.s. I dug the posts you did in 2003

8:39 AM  
Blogger Dan Jones said...

Steve, I remember when you headed off – in the dim and distant past, when we were both living in London – and wondering how it’d all work out, so I was stoked when I got e-mails during your travels that it made it clear you were having a pretty cool time. Glad to see you’re getting it written up, even if it is 3 years after the fact! Are we looking at the next Paul Theroux or Bill Bryson?

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thinking youngster. I'm with the 2 previous commentators in saying that if this is up to the standard of the FEW and FAR BETWEEN emails that we received at the time it'll be an ongoing delight and a joy to see your travel bloggage. I've certainly enjoyed what's gone in so far, and i love the photos. Big kiss to you and if you can keep the blogging up for more than 3 weeks i'll buy you 2 pints (1 for you, 1 for yer missis) at a folk festival of your choice.xx Laura

4:40 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'll check out Budapest's folk festical scene then!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home